● PCIe Gen4 x4 interface
● Excellent read/write performance
● Heat sink keeps things 15% cooler
● Great upgrade option for creators
● High capacities
● NVMe 1.4 support
● LDPC & AES 256-bit encryption
● 5-year warranty
The LEGEND 840 uses PCIe Gen4 x4 and NVMe 1.4 to give you stunning performance for seamless creative output. It works with the latest Intel and AMD platforms, including desktop PCs and laptops.
With read/write speeds of up to 5,000/4,500 MB per second, the LEGEND 840 is three times as fast as mainstream PCIe Gen3 SSDs and 15 times faster than SATA SSDs. It's also backward compatible with current generation PCIe 3.0 platforms for creativity without limitations.
The LEGEND 840 can also be installed on a PS5 as a secondary drive, giving you more storage space and smoothing game loading.
*This product has been tested and confirmed to be compatible with PS5. Actual speed may vary depending on hardware and software configurations.
**For more about compatibility, please click here.
The LEGEND 840's understated but elegant heat sink design is characterized by an elegant dark gray color scheme with an exquisite gold-colored trimming. The heat sink works to keep temperatures down by 15% for optimal performance and stability.
Creativity can't wait! The LEGEND 840 is equipped with SLC caching and HMB technology (Host Memory Buffer) for uninterrupted productivity. It's maximum 4K random read/write is up to 650K/600K IOPS for effortless multitasking.
With LDPC (Low Density Parity Check Code) and AES 256-bit encryption, the LEGEND 840 ensures accurate data transmissions and security.
LEGEND series SSDs use only high quality ICs that have been rigorously tested. For further peace of mind, they come backed by a 5-year warranty.
512GB / 1TB
Dimensions (L x W x H)
80 x 22 x 3.13mm / 3.15 x 0.87 x 0.13inch (with heat sink)
80 x 22 x 2.15mm / 3.15 x 0.87 x 0.09inch (without heat sink)
9g / 0.36oz (with heat sink)
6g / 0.24oz (without heat sink)
PCIe Gen4 x4
Sequential Read (Max)
Up to 5,000MB/s (PC/Laptop)*,
Up to 5,000MB/s (PS5)
Sequential Write (Max)
Up to 4,500MB/s*
4KB Random Read IOPS(Max)
Up to 650K*
4KB Random Write IOPS(Max)
Up to 600K*
0°C - 70°C
-40°C - 85°C
Terabytes Written (TBW)
5-year limited warranty***
- * This product is compatible with the latest Intel and AMD platforms and must be used with a motherboard that supports PCIe 4.0 to achieve optimal performance. Actual performance may vary depending on the hardware and software configurations.
- * This product is backward compatible with PCIe 3.0. If a third-generation PCIe motherboard is used, this product will be able to achieve sequential read/write speeds of 3400/3000MB per second.
- * Test system configuration : M/B: MSI X570 GAMING PLUS, CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor @ 3.60GHZ
- ** The value is the minimum amount of terabyte written that could be reached.
- *** The SSD is based on the TBW or Warranty period.
- Visit www.adata.com/en/support/ for more details.